New eligibility requirements:
Applicants must demonstrate that they are highly skilled in one of the target sectors:
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy and Mining Technology
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT
- prove they are internationally recognised with evidence of outstanding and exceptional achievements
- still be prominent in their field of expertise
- provide evidence that they would be an asset to Australia, in their field of expertise
- have no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia or becoming established in their field
- have a recognised organisation or individual in Australia endorse them as global talent, in the same field as the applicant.
Applicants must meet a high standard and show an exceptional track-record of professional and outstanding achievements. This may include senior roles, patents, professional awards, international publications, media articles and international memberships.
Applicants should have the ability to attract a salary at or above the Fair Work high income threshold (currently $153,600).
In assessing the application the Department considers:
- current salary shown through payslips or a contract, or
- future job offers outlining remuneration, or
- recent PhD graduates and certain PhD students with relevant qualifications in the target sectors.