NSW Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188E) – Entrepreneur stream Eligibility criteria
Must meet the Home Affairs requirements for the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) – Entrepreneur stream.
Applicants must be under 55 years of age.
You must be accepted by a NSW Startup Accelerator Program or Startup Incubator Program.
Accelerators and Incubators include (but are not limited to):
- Stone and Chalk
- The Studio
- Cicada Innovations
- Future Transport Digital Accelerator
- Microsoft ScaleUp Program
- Caltex C-lab
- Tank Stream Labs
- The Founder Institute
Funding from a third party
You must show you have adequate funding secured to complete your project from an approved entity.
Approved entities include a:
- Commonwealth Government agency
- NSW government agency
- Publicly funded research or innovation organisation
- Higher education provider specified as a Table A or Table B provider under Part 2-1 of the Higher Education Support Act 2003, or
- Investor registered as an Australian Venture Capital Limited Partnership or Early Stage Venture Capital Limited Partnership
Your business proposal must clearly demonstrate how your innovative ideas will benefit NSW, and how you intend to commercialise your product or service, and develop your enterprise or business.
You must also clearly show that you have:
- completed a proof of concept (e.g. customer interviews, surveys, or focus groups)
- a potential business customer (B2B) or business channel to market (B2C)
- a scalable solution that can be deployed to multiple customers
- the IP or the rights to commercialise
Living and working in NSW
Applicants must have a genuine and realistic commitment to permanently live and work in NSW, and continue to contribute to NSW through entrepreneurial activity.
Your proposed business must:
- be headquartered in NSW, and
- have a NSW registered ABN
Registering your interest in NSW nomination
You must be invited to apply for NSW nomination for the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) – Entrepreneur stream – you cannot apply directly.
To register your interest in NSW nomination you must:
Submit an EOI in SkillSelect selecting NSW as your preferred state.
Pay the registration of interest fee:
- A$330 if applying from within Australia (includes GST)
- A$300 if applying from outside Australia
Once invited you can Apply for NSW nomination
Application fees for NSW nomination are:
- A$572 if applying from within Australia (includes GST)
- A$520 if applying from outside Australia